"Come to me all who are weary and heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28.
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10
It's been a week since we've gotten back to Texas.
Grateful for the opportunity to research and be productive.
I'm struggling with my tendency to focus on people and life instead of focusing on work.
Now don't get me wrong - I'm not some great person who always does the right thing by others, or invests her time in the right ways.
And while I'm admittedly a hermit, and not big on huge social settings, I am also a people person in that I am very much invested in the people in my life.
Perhaps sometimes too invested, and perhaps, sometimes my priorities or perceptions are skewed.
I suppose sometimes you just have to choose to trust that everything is ok. Or perhaps, more to the point, you have to admit that the only thing you have control over is what you say and do and think - and for all the things that stress you out or give you a spirit of fear, you have to give to God. Cause otherwise, they come back to haunt you or poke you or infect your thoughts again.
So here's to doing my best every moment of every day, not being lazy/wasting time, but knowing when to stop obsessing and stop worrying about things beyond my control.
No comments:
Post a Comment